Internet marketing is nothing but marketing done via internet, also known as web-Marketing, e-marketing or online marketing. Online promotion is the process of using the internet's various platforms to promote your brand.
Online marketing is becoming a hot topic in every business sector, and gradually plays a truly important role in any company’s multi-channel marketing strategy. It uses the Internet to deliver promotional marketing messages to consumers. It includes email marketing, search engine marketing, social media marketing, many types of display advertising (including web banner advertising), and mobile advertising. Like other advertising media, online advertising frequently involves both a publisher, who integrates advertisements into its online content, and an advertiser, who provides the advertisements to be displayed on the publisher's content. Other potential participants include advertising agencies that help generate and place the ad copy, an ad server who technologically delivers the ad and tracks statistics, and advertising affiliates who do independent promotional work for the advertiser.
Tools of Online marketing:
- Display advertising
- Web banner advertising
- Frame ad (traditional banner)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Sponsored search
- Social media marketing
Benefits of Online marketing:
- Internet gives you a wide access of your potential customers. It has been estimated that a couple of billion people around the world use the Internet, and more are becoming aware of Internet with each passing day.
- Internet is the only medium that is able to cross geographic and national boundaries.
- The cost of promoting your business on the Internet is cheaper than other mediums of marketing. This makes it easy for small and mid-sized businesses to advertise their products.
- Internet allows the ability to stay connected with customers on a real-time basis.
- Internet marketing facilitates an instant feedback from the customers.
- Customers can share about their experience after using the product.
- Internet marketing saves a lot of time and effort.
- Internet marketing allows your business to be available 24/7, which means increased sales and profits.